Umesh Nv Senior Director, Global Business Services
Umesh joined EMC as their Bangalore center of Excellence CFO and enabled creation of the SEZ operations. He was instrumental in moving STPI successfully into SEZ and consolidating operations across Bangalore. He took over the leadership of the Global Business Services (GBS) operations in Bangalore India Shared Service Centre (ISSC) and grew it to a 570+ team supporting various aspects of Business including Pre Sales Operations; Global Credit and Collections; Finance functions (AP, T&E, GRO, Corp Tax) and Software Operations; Global Services Operations (Maintenance Contracts Renewals, Tech Refresh, SQA etc.); Sales Enablement and Operations (Sales Ops, Marketing COE, Global Educations Services Ops, Customer Data Management, Track, Reporting as a service); HRSS (Hire to Retire support, Payroll processing). Umesh is a Chartered Accountant with more than 26 years of post qualification experience spanning across multiple roles and functions encompassing audit and tax consultancy, owning the P&L of a multinational bank and setting up and running Shared Service Operations of diverse offerings across geographies and functions.
Not all processes are suitable for robotic process automation. Without understanding your organisation’s processes clearly and choosing the right process to automate, successful business transformation will never be achieved with the narrow objective of automation alone. Vendor selection is the next most important step in implementing RPA. RPA project leaders need to consider their organisation’s vision and business operations and ensure a best-fit. Ultimately, superior outcomes will only be achieved when the basic fundamentals of process and vendor selection are done correctly. So where and how should you begin?
This workshop offers insights on transforming your processes and selecting the right vendor that can match your RPA objectives.
- The process of RPA implementation from planning to execution phase
- Assessing your processes based on complexity, applications involved, technology and geographical location of process owners
- Process selection: Identifying the process and deciding between end-to-end integration or partial integration with RPA
- Defining the vendor selection criteria
- Weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing RPA or developing in-house RPA capabilities
- Post RPA implementation: Monitoring and tracking the performance of your processes and vendors
CONFERENCE DAY ONE
- Deciding between end-to-end process integration or partial integration with RPA
- Dell’s step-by-step framework on automating over 30+ shared services processes such as the employment offer letter process involving more than 15 different IT systems
- Dell’s real-time project tracker and dashboard: Tracking the effectiveness of RPA projects with key metrics of Full-Time Employees (FTEs) reduction, cost savings and more