9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Masterclass A: Planning & Launching RPA Pilot Projects - Proof of Concept (POC), Solution Testing & Result Analysis
Early adopters who look for quick, viable results in cost savings and efficiency often dive straight into RPA with a complete process transformation. However, a better approach would be to undertake RPA implementation one process at a time via pilot projects, assessing carefully the impacts on existing operations and business processes. Through RPA pilot projects advancement, organisations can learn, foresee potential technical and commercial challenges, fix them and gradually scale RPA adoption across the enterprise to ensure long-term success.
This step-by-step interactive workshop weighs up the benefits and risks of pressing forward with robotics, offers a tick list of what you should be assessing and covers other necessary knowledge to ensure the success of your RPA pilot projects.
- Understanding the basics of RPA, its potential approaches and benefits
- Evaluating risks and how to manage them
- Engaging stakeholders in identifying opportunities for RPA implementation
- Planning a successful RPA pilot initiative: Outlining the proof of concept, testing the solution and analysing results
- What happens after the successful completion of the pilot project? Building long-term effective governance
- Modifying and re-launching the pilot for continuous improvement
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Masterclass B: The Basic Fundamentals of RPA - Process Redesign & Vendor SelectionUmesh NV, Senior Director, Global Business Services, Dell Technologies Tilak Banerjee, Director, Global Business Services, Dell Technologies
Not all processes are suitable for robotic process automation. Without understanding your organisation’s processes clearly and choosing the right process to automate, successful business transformation will never be achieved with the narrow objective of automation alone. Vendor selection is the next most important step in implementing RPA. RPA project leaders need to consider their organisation’s vision and business operations and ensure a best-fit. Ultimately, superior outcomes will only be achieved when the basic fundamentals of process and vendor selection are done correctly. So where and how should you begin?
This workshop offers insights on transforming your processes and selecting the right vendor that can match your RPA objectives.
- The process of RPA implementation from planning to execution phase
- Assessing your processes based on complexity, applications involved, technology and geographical location of process owners
- Process selection: Identifying the process and deciding between end-to-end integration or partial integration with RPA
- Defining the vendor selection criteria
- Weighing the pros and cons of outsourcing RPA or developing in-house RPA capabilities
- Post RPA implementation: Monitoring and tracking the performance of your processes and vendors
Umesh NVSenior Director, Global Business Services
Tilak BanerjeeDirector, Global Business Services